Sing – How Worship Transforms Your Life, Family And Church
Did you know that we were created to sing, not only as individuals, but collectively, as a church body, before the Lord?
In Ephesians 5:18-20, the apostle Paul tells us that we should:
Be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Modern hymn writers Keith and Kristen Getty understand the importance of worship within a healthy congregation and in an individual believer’s life. To help us grow in this dimension of our spirituality, they’ve written a wonderful book entitled Sing! How Worship Transforms Your Life, Family And Church that is perfect for individual and congregational study!
Sing! was written with these five purposes in mind:
* To discover why we sing and the overwhelming joy and privilege that comes with singing.
* To consider how singing impacts our hearts and minds and all of our lives.
* To cultivate a culture of family singing in our daily home life.
* To equip our churches for wholeheartedly singing to the Lord and one another as an expression of unity.
* To inspire us to see congregational singing as a radical witness to the world.
What I like about Sing! is that it covers all aspects of worship. The book identifies the biblical reasons why we should sing, invites us to explore our history and journey as a worshiper, examines what happens when we sing well as a congregation, and helps us lead and develop good worship programs within our churches.
Sing! broaches important topics that you rarely see discussed in churches or written about. The book is small, but its impact on your life and on your church’s life will be powerful!