“Exalting Christ In John” by Matt Carter and Josh Wredberg is a great commentary on the Book of John. Instead of a verse-by-verse exposition like some commentaries, this title uses more of a summary/story style in describing the passages in John. Around 400 pages, the book is organized as follows:
1. Passage listing (chapter and verses), main idea,and chapter title.
2. Summary of events surrounding the passage.
3. How Christ fits in the passage – after all, He is the focus of the Book of John!
4. Practical illustrations that may be applied to the passage.
5. Helpful reflect and discussion questions.
Also included are a scripture index and bibliography (many sources were used, so the authors really put effort into this work). Whether preparing a sermon, Bible study, or Sunday School lesson, this title is a very helpful aid for anyone preparing a presentation out of the Book of John.
I was given a review copy by B&H Bloggers in exchange for a fair review.